Thursday, February 7, 2008

That Alligator Isn't Moving

While we were in Glendale we went to the LA Zoo with Grandma Nilsa, which was actually just a few minutes away from grandma and grandpa's house. We actually got 1/2 off admission because we were members of the Phoenix Zoo. Big thanks to grandma for picking up the tab!!



Grandma, Jayna, and Shaylin in front of some lush foliage at the zoo. Yes, we just used the term lush foliage in our blog. We challenge you to find anyone else who has used that in their blog.


We're about 90% sure that this alligator was actually dead or else it was a real looking fake. It did not budge an inch during the couple hours we were at the zoo and as far as we could tell there was no signs of breathing either.


We made it to the chimpanzee exhibit just in time too catch this apparent make out session. We were also unlucky enough to witness some other rather frisky activity amongst the inhabitants. We were just glad that Shaylin's not old enough to start asking questions :)


The top two pictures on the sidebar are from our zoo trip as well.

6 comments:

Drew and Tarah said...

wow! the chimpanzees crack me up! I also love Shaylin picking the lemon...too cute!

Drew and Tarah said...

wow! the chimpanzees crack me up! I also love Shaylin picking the lemon...too cute!

Carrie Medford said...

Shaylin is getting so big and so cute! As far as alligators go--we've seen lots of them in zoos around here in the South and it's rare to actually catch them moving! Jeremy had one that lived in a pond at his school in SC and sometimes it would be in the same place when I went to pick him up in the afternoon as it was in the morning when I dropped him off. At one zoo I threw little pebbles (shhh--don't tell the staff) at a huge alligator to make sure it was real. I think it finally closed one eye when I hit it like David hit Goliath. They are tricky!

Those Maricopa Bakers! said...

Love all the pics! I'm glad you had such a good time on yout trip to California. I had no idea there was a Glendale in Cali too. I was very confused reading the zoo post before I read the one about Glendale. :)
I also had a fleeting thought about accepting your challenge and typing the words 'lush foliage' totally randomly in our own blog, but I won't. Love you guys!

Rebecca said...

The chimps are a hoot!

Meagan said...

That is so funny about the chimpanzees... and it is a good thing Shaylin's not too old yet :) It looks like you guys had a great trip!