Shaylin had two big events this past week. First she went 'pee pee in the potty' (as we say it over at the Hedges) for the first time on Tues. Feb 12th, to be exact. We're not really potty training her yet, but starting in late January we have been putting her on the potty every night right before she gets in the bath to get her used to it. Most nights she doesn't actually have to go to the bathroom, but she loves sitting on her potty. We're glad she likes her potty, and we're hoping that it will make it easier when we really start trying to train her. We have taken pictures of her on the potty, but figured we wouldn't post her cute naked bum on the internet.

This past week Shaylin turned 18 months (on the 13th) and for all those of you with kids older than 1 1/2 years you know that means... sweet relief, aka nursery. She's gone to nursery the last two weeks, but one of us has always been in there to help her feel more comfortable. For the most part she was oblivious to us when we were in there and did really good at playing with the other kids. She loved the bubbles, toys, and snack time, but her favorite is singing time when they sing songs like 'wheels on the bus,' 'head shoulders knees and toes' and 'Book of Mormon stories.' So since she had done so well the past couple weeks we weren't too worried when we dropped her off this week and it turned out that she did fine without us in there. The picture above is of her after church today.
9 comments:
I can NOT believe she is already 18 months!!! Wow! She is so big! (we still have her little shoes)
Hey WAY TO GO SHAYLIN!!!! That is very exciting you guys! Man she is growing up so quick and now we are missing it ;o(
Jayna! Hey I had lost your blog address when I made a new background so I haven't left a comment in forever. How are you guys? That is awesome Shaylin likes her potty! She's so cute! How's pregnancy going? Well, hope you are doing well!
I added you to my friends list on our blog. We need to get together. You guys look fun....at least on your blog!
YEAH for Shaylin! That is so exciting about the potty AND nursery. It will be nice when Hudson can go to nursery in a couple of months :)
Ok, so how do you change backgrounds without deleting the links?!
I'm feeling okay...the morning sickness actually kicks in about 4 in the afternoon. Weird! I have cravings already...The Cheesecake Factory! Marc thinks we might just go into debt! I am really trying to get Maycie to wear underwear...it hasn't been easy! Hopefully by the time the baby comes she will be in just panties!...wish me luck!
Ok, so, I keep running into you guys on websites. I ditched the myspace thing a few weeks ago. It got boring. Now that we have a family the blogging world is alot nicer!! Looks like you are doing well. Congrats on baby #2 coming!! Do you have a name for her yet?
We loved the cute picture of Shaylin - especially since we got to be with all of you last Sunday and see her wearing that cute dress. She did so good at going to nursery alone for the first time(it wasn't that easy for her dad!!) Have a great week!
Post a Comment