Everything is going very well so far. Jayna is feeling well and everything has looked normal during all of her checkups. We're still trying to figure out the best way to try and explain the pregnancy to Shaylin at this young of age! She knows how to say 'sister' and 'baby', but at this point we think that may be all she understands. We've been telling her that there's a baby in momma's tummy and now she points to her own tummy and says "baby". It's funny. Poor thing must be so confused!
We did a good job taking pictures about every month when Jayna was pregnant with Shaylin, but we haven't done as well the second time around! Here is a picture from last Saturday, at 23 weeks. Jayna thinks the picture turned out a little goofy, but oh well! We'll try to post some better ones of the belly later on...
3 comments:
It's hard to explain the new baby thing--I tried with Matthew by pointing to my belly and saying "baby," but he too was confused and thought that's what a belly was called. I now wish that I would have given him a baby doll to pretend with. I just wasn't so sure about giving a little boy a baby doll. But I don't know if it would have made a difference or not. She'll figure it out soon enough!
You look so great! I swear my stomach was like twice that size at 23 weeks! !!!!
Congratulations! We are so excited for the new baby to come. We love all of the new pictures. You are so good at updating your blog site! We hope that your little family has a very Merry Christmas and that little Shay gets spoiled rotten!
Post a Comment