We had a Phoenix Zoo membership last year and since our friends invited us to go recently, we decided it was time to renew it. The weather has been great lately also. The girls and I (Jayna) met our friends Jana, Meagan, and Corynn at the zoo along with their kids. It was a fun day of visiting with friends, eating lunch, and seeing lots of animals.
Our usual first stop at the zoo is the savannah where the Giraffes are. I was happy to finally get a pretty good picture of Shaylin with the Giraffes in the background.
For some reason we had never been to the petting zoo with Shaylin yet. Our friends introduced us to it, and Shaylin really enjoyed seeing something new!
They have brushes for you to pet the goats with. All the goats just lay around while the kids brush them and bother them. The goats are well behaved and are actually pretty fat. Here is Shaylin and Savannah with this goat.
Shaylin had fun brushing them. I told her she could touch it with her bare hands. She thought it was funny. It wasn't long though before she got bored and wanted to wash her hands though.
I just had to take a picture of cute little Sydney, Jana's second girl and Savannah's little sister. She is about 2 months younger than Emmalyn. She was looking too cute!
Bonus Picture from Feb 9th: We got to babysit Shaylin's cousins Declan and Jessica for an hour or two. Shaylin and Emmalyn love their cousins and love playing with them. It's so nice to have them so close to us.
This was the first time we had four kids on the swing at the same time!



3 comments:
I was thinking it was time for a zoo membership too, maybe we'll have to meet you there one of these days :)
I love your pictures from the zoo. I am still working on learning how to use my camera in manual mode - and not all my zoo pictures turned out... I guess it is a good thing I have a membership and can go back!
Wow look at us jayna we are on a blogging role ;o) Hehehe
I LOVE THE ZOO!!! That is one thing I cannot wait to do when dominic gets a little older ;o) Man Shaylin and Emmalyn are so lucky to have such a great mommy and daddy ;o) You to are so good with them!!! Love Ya XOXOXOXO
Post a Comment