Friday, February 20, 2009

Fun Day at Tumbleweed Park

February 5th:

We were lucky to go to a really fun park the other day with some friends. We had been to this park before and really liked it. A bunch of us met to have lunch and let the kids play. Shaylin loved it and when it was time to leave, she did not want to! Usually at little normal parks, she just stands there and watching the other kids play, but not at this park. She loved it and on the way home kept saying she wanted to go back to Tumbleweed Park. We would have stayed longer, but I (Jayna) had a couple haircuts scheduled at my parents house and had to teach piano lessons later at home. Next time I know not to schedule anything for the rest of the day! After at my parents house, my dad asked Shaylin where the park was when we were talking about it. Shaylin answered him with, "It is by the freeway." It doesn't sound very funny, but we were laughing because I have NEVER heard her say the word freeway before in a sentence! It is amazing what kids pick up, and yes it was right off the freeway.

I decided to go snap some pictures of Shaylin playing, and I found her playing on this.


Luckily, I found her right when she was going to need help climbing over the big gap to get to the top. I had to take a picture of the whole ladder to show how tall it was! I was surprised she climbed up it all by herself.


Here she is on one of the many bridges there...



They had this fun double slide that Shaylin and Savannah were playing on.


Finally, I caught a smile on camera. She is picky with her smiles sometimes.


Not the best picture of Emmalyn, but it was the only one I got of her by herself and I wanted her to know when she looks back at this blog someday that she was there! :0) She did good sitting in the stroller the whole time. It won't be long before she starts walking all over the place and we'll be able to get some shots of her actually playing at the park.


This picture is funny, because I think Anthony is the only one that is looking at the camera. We had to stick Adrian behind Sydney in the stroller, so we could get all the Glenn and Lopez kids in the picture. I have no idea what Savannah and Shaylin are looking at. Maybe they are amazed at how much of Anthony's sandwich is fitting in his mouth.


The three little ones Sydney, Adrian, and Emmalyn...


Unfortunately I somehow managed to not get a picture of the kids with their friends Maycie and Nash who were also there! Oh well, I guess that means we'll have to go to the park with them again!

4 comments:

Elise said...

It looks like you had a fun time! I love the pic where they are watching him eat his sandwich. haha. Your girls are so cute!

Carrie Medford said...

That looks like a fun park. Only in AZ would they name a fun park after a barren wasteland weed!

Ash Trump said...

That is so cute that Shaylin said that! She is so matter of fact and speaks so well ;o) I think that it is awesome you have some friends with kids all the same age that you can get together with... I wish I was close enough ;o(

The Covington Family said...

that looks like so much fun! i cant wait until Reagan is big enough to really enjoy the park. right now she just likes to put the sand in her mouth! :)