Thursday, January 31, 2008

Got Tagged...

Well, we just got back last night from California, so now I can actually respond to my "tag"! Kari tagged Matt and I, but I'm betting Matt won't do it. We both update our blog, but I usually do the tags. I have an awful memory, so I'll try to do this as best I can!

10 years ago (January 1998):

-I was 14 and a freshman in highschool. Since it's January that means it was during basketball season, so I was playing basketball for Desert Vista. I was probably babysitting, but other than that I don't think my life was that exciting since I wasn't able to drive yet!


5 Things on my to-do list today:

Since we got home last night I have a lot of catching up to do!

-lots of laundry
-trying to de-junk a couple of our rooms (yes, not one, but a couple) especially the guest room downstairs to make some more room for the bed that we brought home from California (big thanks to my grandparents for giving it to us!). We set the bed up last night and as of right now there is no way to get around it to get to the closet!
-getting everything unpacked and put away, while also taking care of Shaylin
-I teach piano lessons from 3-6pm today
-Last but not least, watch the Suns game against the Spurs! I can't stand the Spurs, so I hope they win!

Snacks I Enjoy:

-graham crackers with peanut butter, pickles, trail mix, chips and salsa, lots of things...

If I were a billionaire:

First, I would invest most of my money. Then, I would help out family members who were having financial problems. I would build my dream house which would include a salon, huge garden, basketball hoop, a grand piano, built in the wall fish tanks, etc. I would of course use a big chunk of the money to help out those in need.

3 of my Bad Habits:

I asked Matt about this one just to see what he would say!

1- I don't do this ALL the time, but I have a tendency to tune people out when they are talking, but ONLY if they are rambling on. I think I have A.D.D. :0) I have a hard time paying attention and often daydream.
2- I eavesdrop A LOT. I like to watch people wherever I am. Matt always catches me looking at people out the corner of my eye. It's interesting to watch people!
3- I'm not as bad at this is I used to be...burping! I have slowed down a lot. I also grind my teeth while I'm sleeping, but I wasn't sure if that was a bad habit or not...AND I crack my back. There, that is two more bad habits than needed!

5 Places I have lived:

1- La Jolla, CA
2- Reseda, CA
3- Phoenix (Ahwatukee), AZ
4- Mesa, AZ
5- Maricopa, AZ

5 Jobs I have had:

I really haven't had many jobs! Sad...I know.

1- Babysat a lot growing up
2- Teaching Piano
3- Arizona Hair Company (doing hair)
4- Signature Salons (rented a studio doing hair)
5- Being a mom

5 Things people don't know about me:

This is going to be a hard one!

1- I am the oldest of 32 cousins on my mom's side.
2- I have touched Snoop Dogg's hand while getting his autograph at a Laker's game. (weird I know)
3- The first time I went skiing was only about 6 years ago. I went with a lot of my cousins, uncles, and family. I went up the ski lift by myself and was the last one to get off. Everyone was waiting for me and NOBODY told me I needed to jump off the ski lift. For some reason I thought I would just float off...stupid thinking on my part. So, I get to the top and my seat on the lift started curving to go back down and EVERYONE is screaming at me to jump. By the time I jumped, I was already curving on the way to go back down and fell on a slope knocking over caution cones and all sorts of things. The people STOPPED the ski lift (very embarrassing) and everyone ran over to see if I was okay. Needless to say, the whole skiing experience was AWFUL and I thought the whole way skiing down the mountain that I was going to die! It was so scary, and now I don't like skiing. (sorry for the long story!)
4- For those of you who have seen the movie Sandlot and loved the actor (Mike Vitar) who played "Benny Rodriguez"(the main character), I have met him! It was very exciting. He is friends with one of my uncles, and I (and 2 of my friends) were able to meet him at my grandparents house at my uncles high school graduation party!
5- When I was younger, my friend's dad made stilts out of wood and we learned to walk pretty good on them. I was able to walk around the whole block without falling. We must have been pretty bored!

I will try to tag Tarah, Meagan L., Carrie, Gina, and Meagan G.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Ha, ha, Lol. That was awesome! I learned so much about you! Thanks for doing that! I loved the ski lift part. I hate to say it, but I pretty sure almost every skiier has had one of those experiences. Love it! And Snoop Dogg? Nice!

Nicole said...

Jayna,
Sorry I'm being a stalker and reading all your stuff, hehe, but oh man, I can't believe that picture! It's awesome. I actually have that somewhere. I guess you gave me one!
-Touching Snoop Dogg

hahaha, I love it.