We are probably the last ones to post about the Fourth of July. Better late than never. We spent the day at the Brugman's. We swam, ate, hung out with family, and just relaxed. We went home for the afternoon and wanted so bad for Shaylin to see the fireworks. You can see the big firework show that they put on in Maricopa pretty well from our backyard because we just live up the street from the park that they hold a huge annual Fourth of July party at. They didn't start the fireworks until 10pm and weren't over until 10:30pm. Shaylin was already SO pooped out from the long day that we decided not to wake her up. Hopefully next year it won't be so late and/or she's old enough that she can stay up a little later without going into meltdown mode. She loves fireworks, so we felt pretty sad that she didn't get to see them.
Here is Jayden (Jayna's little sister) with Emmalyn. It is crazy how different their skin colors are. Jayden has always had very olive skin and can get ridiculously dark in the summer so she makes Emmalyn look as white as a ghost!
-c.jpg)
Shaylin loves going down this little slide into the pool. Here she is getting a little help from her Grandpa Brugman...
There are plenty of people who love to play with Shaylin at the Brugman's. It is nice for us to get to relax and swim also. That's Jaycob (Jayna's little brother) catching Shaylin...
Shaylin just hanging out and relaxing on the raft...
-c.jpg)
Shaylin sitting with her Uncle Jayson (Jayna's little brother) on the side of the pool, just watching everyone swim...
Jaymee (Jayna's little sister) joined them in this one...
-c.jpg)
We've been trying to teach Shaylin how to always kick her legs while she's been in the water this summer. So far she hasn't completely grasped the concept.
-c.jpg)
After a long day, a nice bath sounds great...doesn't it?
-csmileyface.jpg)
-c.jpg)
-c.jpg)
5 comments:
Hehehe I love the last photo with the smiley face over Emmalyn that is great!!!! I always look at your blog and think the same thing ;o) I miss your family! I can't wait to see you... YAY!!!!! I think I say that every time... Drive safe!
oh my gosh! I can't believe how big Emmalyn is already! And she looks so much like Shaylin, in my opinion!
The other night I had a dream that Collin and I got married and had a baby daughter and she was the most beautiful creature I had ever seen.
CRAZY.
Also, My roommate, Kylie, is LDS!
Can you believe that?!?!? It was a random pair-up, too!! I'm so happy about it!
Love you!
I am so jealous that you have family close by! It must be nice to have so many hands to help with your little girls! They are adorable, I can't believe how fast they are growing.
Your new baby is so cute and Shaylin is so big! I haven't seen you guys in a long time, since we haven't been in your ward forever now. I'm glad I found your blog... it looks great!
Oh, what I wouldn't give for a pool in my backyard! Poky has finally reached the 90s and now it's uncomfortable. Just in time for you Arizonians to feel at home while you're here. Can't wait to see you - uh, tomorrow - ha! BTW - love the smiley face.
Post a Comment