We recently harvested our first watermelon from our garden. We planted a few watermelon seeds back in March when we finished our garden and we were excited to try the first one.
It was a smaller variety of watermelon. We planted that kind because it took less days to ripen than the bigger watermelons. It was only 5-6 inches in diameter, about the size of an average cantaloupe.

Even though it turned out to be a little under ripe we all still enjoyed it. Here's Shaylin enjoying her first piece...
+c.jpg)
The next time we'll leave it on the vine a little longer to let it ripen before we eat it, but we still liked eating our first one even if it wasn't quite ripe!
4 comments:
YUM!
Very cool! I want to plant a garden sometime. It's too dang hot outside to do it now though. :( :)
I'm jealous of your garden! This year I at least planted 2 tomato plants in a couple of pots. Maybe some day I'll get to grow a garden.
Man that is awesome... I wish I had my own watermelon patch!!!! You guys are so good!
Post a Comment