Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Welp, I've been tagged!

I decided I better hurry and just get this over with. I'm not good at doing stuff like this, but oh well! Don't have too much fun reading it :0)....yeah right!

Here are the rules: List 6 facts/habits/traits about yourself. At the end of the post, tag 6 people and post their names and then go to their blog and leave them a comment. Let them know that they have been tagged and ask them to read your blog for the rules!

1. I'm a big sports fan. I love to watch and play all sports, especially basketball, volleyball, and baseball. I played basketball in high school. I love the Phoenix Suns, and am probably a little obsessed. Any chance to meet the players or go to the games, we jump on it. We have been lucky enough through a friend of mine to meet some of the Phoenix Suns players such as Raja Bell (love him!), Boris Diaw, Tom Chambers, Marcus Banks, Dan Majerle, and James Jones. We also have met Conner Jackson from the Diamondbacks. I even have dreams about Steve Nash. He is a favorite. I come from a huge sports family.

Raja Bell...

2. I love to garden. I love pretty flowers, green plants, houseplants, birds, fountains, arches, benches, white picket fences, butterflies, hummingbirds, chimes, everything that comes with a garden. We have big plans for our backyard and are doing a little bit at a time. This next year we are going to start a vegetable garden for the first time, which I'm very excited for. My husband does a great job with our backyard and because of him we have a nice backyard to enjoy and walk around in. People may even think it's a little strange how much time Matt and I spend in our backyard (not to mention planning/mapping it out), but that is definitely one of our favorite hobbies.

Roses from one of our rose bushes.

3. I love to cook. I love to try new recipes. I especially love trying recipes from my grandma Nilsa and any other tasty recipes I can find. I call my grandma all the time, probably too much, asking her questions about cooking. She is a wonderful cook herself. Actually, both of my grandmas are...I'm very lucky. I absolutely love getting and trying recipes out of the "Taste of Home" magazine! It is the best and I have loved EVERYTHING that I have made out of it and I'm so glad that grandma Nilsa subscribes to it for me. It is so fun to put a bunch of ingredients together and voila a wonderful, tasty meal comes out of it! I love it!


I forgot to take a picture before we ate this new apple pie recipe I tried out...it was delicious!


4. I love music and singing. I love playing the piano, playing the organ at church, and singing in our ward (church) choir. Music is so rewarding and uplifting. I love teaching piano, even though it can be challenging at times with a 15 month old running around. I love all kinds of music, ranging from Faith Hill & Tim McGraw, to Josh Groban (loved seeing him in concert last year), to One Republic. I love broadway musicals, and all I want for Christmas this year is tickets to Wicked...that is ALL! I wasn't able to go last year, because it came to Tempe about a week or so after Shaylin was born. She is worth it though!


STILL haven't seen it, but know all the music! Love it!!

5. I love doing hair. I am a licensed cosmetologist and thoroughly enjoy cutting and styling hair. It's been put on the back burner since Shaylin was born and most likely will be until our kids are older and in school. I still do some hair on the side for friends and family which helps satisfy my craving for doing hair. I'm excited to have two daughters and to be able to do their hair. I'm especially excited to do up-do's for school dances, weddings, etc. As you can see from the pictures on the blog, Shaylin still doesn't have enough hair to do ANYTHING with - it still isn's even long enough to cut! Hopefully this next girl with have some more hair. I doubt it!


My sister Jayden's hair before a homecoming dance.

I didn't feel like posting all the angles of her hair, so here is a little idea of what it looked like.

6. Last but not least, I love being a mom and wife. Ever since I was little I have dreamed of being a mom with a lot of kids. We will see about the lots of kids part. Being a mom is way more fun and rewarding than I ever dreamed. It is indescribable having a baby that is part of your husband and you. I love being with Shaylin. She makes me smile and laugh all day long. On the rare occasion that I'm not with her I get really sad. I love being with my husband and I'm sure sometimes I might seem like a cling on, but I just can't get enough of him. He is so wonderful and perfect for me. I love my family!



I tag Carrie, Miranda, and Amber...

2 comments:

Drew and Tarah said...

That is a REALLY cute picture of you guys and Shaylin!! You make an adorable family!!! :)

Gina Lee said...

SO JEALOUS!!! I LOVE RAJA BELL!!! Besides my husband he is the most gorgeous man! haha Dont tell Kameron I said that. lol I am a HUGE Suns fan too. Do you know what that means? We should definately go to a game together. Or atleast have a party with pizza and soda and all sorts of other junk and watch the game at our house!!! Sounds like a plan to me! Hope you had a great thanksgiving.