Thursday, December 10, 2009

Bronson Kale

Dec. 5th

Our son, Bronson Kale, was born at about 6:50 am on Saturday Dec. 5th. at the Chandler hospital. He weighed 7lbs 1oz and was 20 inches long. We had a scheduled induction (because Jayna's fluid was getting a little low) starting at 10pm the night before. They gave Jayna pitocin at about midnight that night and kept her on the lowest dose until Bronson arrived less then seven hours later. We'll try to get around to posting more of the background story of his birth, but for now we'll just keep it short and sweet so that we can actually get this post done and get some pictures up.

Bronson getting weighed a few minutes after being born...


No sleep = goofy smiles from mom and dad...


Bronson resting after his first bath. He had a lot of bruising on his face, so he was actually very purple for the first day in the hospital. The nurses all said it was because of how fast he came out. It only took Jayna about three contractions to push him out.


Resting...


Getting a clean shirt...


We were lucky enough to have most of both of our families come visit us and meet Bronson while we were in the hospital:

Jayna's parents, Jaylene and Jay -


Matt's parents, Mitzi and Curt -


Jayna's siblings (starting top right and going clockwise) Jayden, Jaycob, Jayson, and Jaymee -


Matt's brothers, John and Nate -


Becca and Andy tried to figure out a time to visit but with everything they had going on and all the different things we had going on in the hospital we weren't able to make it work. Bronson was able to meet Becca shortly after we came home on Sunday.

Jayna and Bronson getting ready to leave the hospital...


All three of us getting ready to leave...


Matt's mom was nice enough to bring the girls up in our van to pick us up. We've been telling Shaylin for months now that when the baby came she was going to get moved to the back seat in the middle. She was so excited to be sitting back there - we think it makes her feel even more grown up! This picture was shortly after she and Emmalyn met Bronson. Shaylin was mostly just excited to meet him but Emmalyn seemed a bit confused as to why we were bringing a baby home with us.

4 comments:

Ash Trump said...

Yay I have been waiting for a post like this ;o) Great pictures and I am glad soo many people were able to come and visit you in the hospital. Jayna you look great... How is it going with 3 three now???? He looks like a little angel and I loved the going home outfit! Wow you have 3 KIDS!!!!! ;o) We are so happy he is here safe and all is well... We love and miss you guys XOXOXOXOXOX

Alisha said...

He is beautiful, Jayna! I'm so glad he's here and you're both well. Congratulations! I can't believe you have 3 kids now! I need to catch up. ;)

Oh, and I love Emmalyn's hair in that last picture!

Jobi Niu said...

CONGRATS!!! Ahhh 3 kids how is it?? HE is SOOO CUTE! I love his name. JAyna you LOOK GREAT! MY gosh. ARe the girls loving him??

Nicole said...

These are so beautiful! I can't wait to meet him and to see you soon!
Love you!!!