...well just to clarify, it hasn't been any more, or less, exciting than normal for us, but Shaylin is now officially potty trained.
Last Monday, Jayna decided to see if Shaylin was interested in potty training. She started out having Shaylin wear underwear for a few hours on and off that day. Tuesday and Wednesday were busy days, so she wore underwear for a little bit, but mostly it was back to diapers. Thursday (9/18) was the big day. She wore underwear for the whole day and she would either tell us when she had to go or we'd remind her she had to go when we asked her if she needed to go. She stayed dry the entire day on Thursday. Jayna even had to leave the house for a few hours and Shaylin didn't go pee until we got home. She not only went pee in her potty throughout the day, but also #2. We made sure to celebrate every time she went and she consumed an unbelievable amount of fruit snacks for part of her rewards during the day. She woke up dry Friday morning and has stayed dry ever since. She loves going in her potty. At first we asked her every hour or so if she had to go but she is already getting good at just telling us when she needs to go. It is very exciting. She has only gone through a couple diapers in the past week. She has even gone potty multiple times on the regular toilet at the Brugman's (she uses a small separate toilet when we're at home) when we have been there. We've always heard that girls are easier to potty train than boys, but we didn't expect it to go this smoothly - knock on wood!
Last Monday, Jayna decided to see if Shaylin was interested in potty training. She started out having Shaylin wear underwear for a few hours on and off that day. Tuesday and Wednesday were busy days, so she wore underwear for a little bit, but mostly it was back to diapers. Thursday (9/18) was the big day. She wore underwear for the whole day and she would either tell us when she had to go or we'd remind her she had to go when we asked her if she needed to go. She stayed dry the entire day on Thursday. Jayna even had to leave the house for a few hours and Shaylin didn't go pee until we got home. She not only went pee in her potty throughout the day, but also #2. We made sure to celebrate every time she went and she consumed an unbelievable amount of fruit snacks for part of her rewards during the day. She woke up dry Friday morning and has stayed dry ever since. She loves going in her potty. At first we asked her every hour or so if she had to go but she is already getting good at just telling us when she needs to go. It is very exciting. She has only gone through a couple diapers in the past week. She has even gone potty multiple times on the regular toilet at the Brugman's (she uses a small separate toilet when we're at home) when we have been there. We've always heard that girls are easier to potty train than boys, but we didn't expect it to go this smoothly - knock on wood!
We're not going to post any pictures of her using the potty online, but here's a few from last Sunday (Sept 14th) of her cheesin it up in her Sunday dress.
8 comments:
That's so great! What a nice milestone. We're still working on Tyler! haha
OH MAN!!! AWESOME! YAY SHAYLIN!!!!!
AND That dress is ADORABLE!!!
Way to go Shaylin!
CONGRATULATIONS! Shaylin is growing up so quickly, I can hardly believe it. Maybe she can teach Declan how to use the potty - ha ha.
Oh, I'm jealous! She sounds like a potty-training-breeze! We're still batteling with Jacob to go #2...like 6 months later. You are truly blessed to have that little angel to work with!
Wow! That was quick!! How exciting for you guys! I am still trying to decide when to get Indi started, I can only hope and pray it goes as smoothly as shaylin's experience! Great job Shaylin!!
LUCKY! I wish JEtt was potty trained. I hear boys take longer than girls to potty train. I CAN'T WAIT! Her dress... ahhh.. love!
Totally small world. Natalie married a guy I went to HS with. I worked with her right before I got married. I do her hair too. Her sister is now in my aunt's ward out in Arizona. Funny! I'll have to tell her I know ya. LOVE HER! :)
Congrats on the quick potty-training! I hope Corinne can do it that soon and that quickly!
Post a Comment