Emmalyn Rose Hedges was born on Friday March 21st at 7:46am. She weighed 6 lbs 13 oz and was 20 inches long (which was actually almost exactly the same size as Shaylin who was6 lbs 14 oz and 19 3/4 inches long when she was born).
We took lots of pictures and will probably post more later with additional details about the delivery, but here's a few.
Emmalyn shortly after she was born...

Jayna and Emmalyn about an hour before we were able to come home... (Sidenote: Jayna's hair looks short in this picture but that's just because it's tucked in behind her)

Shaylin absolutely loves babies and she's going to make a great big sister. When she first saw Emmalyn all she could do was point at her and say 'Baby...baby!' over and over again. She can actually say Emma, so we're working on getting her to call her by her name instead of just 'baby'. (we've been trying to get her to call her cousin Jessica by her name instead of 'baby' for about five months now, so wish us luck!)

On the way out to the car Shaylin wanted to ride on Jayna's lap with Emmalyn, so the nurse let her. It's hard to believe that Shaylin was actually the same size as Emmalyn just 19 months ago!

We took lots of pictures and will probably post more later with additional details about the delivery, but here's a few.
Emmalyn shortly after she was born...

Jayna and Emmalyn about an hour before we were able to come home... (Sidenote: Jayna's hair looks short in this picture but that's just because it's tucked in behind her)
Shaylin absolutely loves babies and she's going to make a great big sister. When she first saw Emmalyn all she could do was point at her and say 'Baby...baby!' over and over again. She can actually say Emma, so we're working on getting her to call her by her name instead of just 'baby'. (we've been trying to get her to call her cousin Jessica by her name instead of 'baby' for about five months now, so wish us luck!)
On the way out to the car Shaylin wanted to ride on Jayna's lap with Emmalyn, so the nurse let her. It's hard to believe that Shaylin was actually the same size as Emmalyn just 19 months ago!
13 comments:
Oh I am so happy for you guys. I was just thinking of you on Friday and even said to Jake we needed to have you over. I guess you would have been busy. congratulations! She is just so cute.
She's so cute! Congratulations! I especially love her name. Sheldon and I are having such a hard time coming up with names. I can't believe I still have about 20 more weeks to go, it seems like forever! Jayna you looks so good!
Congrats! She is absolutely beautiful. We are glad to see that both mamma and baby are doing great. You know, if Jayna wasn't actually holding the new born, I would have to say that girl didn't just give birth! No way, that's so unfair to look that good after just having a baby!
We are so excited for you! The pictures are awesome. Enjoy every moment ~ Congratulations!
she is so precious! congrats!! and yes...jayna...you look dang good!!!
I am so excited for you guys! Shaylin looks excited to be a big sister. I can't believe Shaylin was that small! That is crazy Shaylin and Emmalyn were almost the same size. Jayna, let me know if you need a break and I will watch Shaylin for you.
I can't believe how good you look Jayna! Seriously.... :) Your baby girls are so cute!
You look amazing! You were obviously made to have tons of kids! Congratulations to you and Matt. How is life with 2 kids?
Marlene is due April 11. She is very ready to not be pregnant anymore and I can't wait to meet her little girl.
Congratulation!!! You look amazing, girl! Hope you are feeling just as good and keeping up with 2 girls. How fun.
Wow, I haven't checked your blog in a while and I was surprised that your baby was already here. She's a doll. You should be SO proud!
I'm so glad you found my blog :) You had another baby, what???!!! I guess it has been a while since I've seen you :) Congratulations, she's adorable! Tell me more about what's going on with you guys!
Matt and Jayna! Congratulations you two. She is beautiful. We are so glad she is healthy and hope the labor/delivery went okay!
Congrats!! YOu look AMAZING! She is so precious! You forget how small they are!
Post a Comment